Tatas evaluating options to consolidate AirAsia India, Vistara under Air India: Sources AirAsia and Vistara will be shut down? Know what is Tata’s planning after buying AirIndia

0
5
 Tatas evaluating options to consolidate AirAsia India, Vistara under Air India: Sources AirAsia and Vistara will be shut down?  Know what is Tata's planning after buying AirIndia


Photo:FILE Airlines

AirIndia After the acquisition of Tata Group, the Tata group has once again started planning to become the number 1 airline. For this, the Tata Group is working on the merger of its two other airline companies Air Asia India and Vistara Airlines. It is reported that Tata has initiated an exercise to evaluate the option of merging AirAsia India and Vistara with Air India.

According to aviation sources, this decision has been taken to establish better operational synergy between the three airlines. Sources familiar with the entire development said that a team has been constituted under the leadership of the company’s operating director RS Sandhu. The Tata group had acquired Air India in October last year for Rs 18,000 crore.

Decision will be taken after valuation

The team will conduct assessments to enhance operational synergy between Air India Express and AirAsia India as well as Air India and Vistaar. A source said, “The team has been constituted by Air India CEO and Managing Director Campbell Wilson. This team will consider ways to create a better synergy between Air India Express and AirAsia India and Air India and Vistaar and to achieve the goal of the merger.

decision will be taken within a year

The source said the team has been asked to submit its plan within a year. The group is believed to have plans to merge AirAsia India with Air India Express in a year’s time. The target is to bring all the airline business of the group under Air India by 2024. E-mails sent to Tata Sons for comment did not elicit any response.

83 percent stake in Air Asia

The Tata group took control of Air India and its affordable international arm Air India Express from the government in January this year. Apart from this, it has 83.67 percent stake in AirAsia India. Malaysian conglomerate AirAsia holds the remaining 16.33 percent. Tata Sons holds 51 per cent stake in the expansion and Singapore Airlines holds the remaining 49 per cent.

Latest Business News

function loadFacebookScript(){
!function (f, b, e, v, n, t, s) {
if (f.fbq)
return;
n = f.fbq = function () {
n.callMethod ? n.callMethod.apply(n, arguments) : n.queue.push(arguments);
};
if (!f._fbq)
f._fbq = n;
n.push = n;
n.loaded = !0;
n.version = ‘2.0’;
n.queue = [];
t = b.createElement(e);
t.async = !0;
t.src = v;
s = b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t, s);
}(window, document, ‘script’, ‘//connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘1684841475119151’);
fbq(‘track’, “PageView”);
}

window.addEventListener(‘load’, (event) => {
setTimeout(function(){
loadFacebookScript();
}, 7000);
});



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here